Sorry, this product is not available at this time! Savanna Treasure Hunt Adventure – the Best for your kids!
Savanna Treasure Hunt is only available as an alternate route when our regular route is not available due to a hazardous condition.
Savanna Treasure Hunt Adventure – the one and only Treasure Hunt in Hawaii! Kids 4 and under are FREE of charge with a paying adult (1 child per adult). Join us on this true adventure.
Maui is the perfect place for you, the ideal destination for families wanting to play in the outdoors. We offer you a true adventure. With us, you will explore this friendly place through a multitude of activities – hiking in savanna forests, wade through water, searching for a treasure. Our adventure is very unique and one of a kind. You and your children will have a fantastic time outdoors together! Our tour takes place in beautiful nature, on the west side of Maui with the most amazing scenery. This is a real outdoor adventure, so prepare to get sweaty! You will be hiking in lush green nature, fulfill fun tasks while searching for a treasure. Your children will have a time of their lives. They will reveal the mystery of a lost treasure and will be the ones to find it. A great time for the whole family, guaranteed.
- Enjoy an action-packed family tour with hiking, learning, tasks and more
- Learn about beautiful Hawaiian nature, solve riddles, complete fun tasks and search for a hidden treasure
- Experience Maui savanna
- Follow a designed map with the whole family in mind
Facts and Requirements:
- Level: medium
- Duration: up to 3 hrs
- Length: 2 miles
- Included: Backpack, snack (granola bar, potato chips, juice) and bottled water
- Not Included: Transportation and Gratuity for your guide
- Time: only 9:00 am Monday-Friday
- Restriction & Requirement: Our treasure hunt hiking adventure is meant for children 5 years and older. But we welcome children of all ages. Children under 5 years old must be accompanied by an adult and adults must assist the child during the hike. Our guide is not going to watch your little one. He is a way to busy keeping our older Keiki save safe and busy while looking for a treasure. This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit. All participants must be able to squat down and up without any assistance from another person. We are going rain or shine, no cancellation possible due to weather conditions. All participants must be able to walk without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. If you have a problem walk on the stairs, this activity is not suitable for you. If you had surgery shortly before the journey, you may set yourself into a high risk and you may also hinder the rest of the group.
Additional information about Savanna Treasure Hunt Adventure:
- Shoes to Wear on our Tours?
Running shoes or sports sandals. Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
- Clothing for our Tours?
Shorts and short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts are the best. If mosquitoes really bother you (your guide carries repellent), you could wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Additional Items to Bring for the Day?
Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour, Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture. You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along. Therefore we can take photos during the tour you can purchase on CD or USB, or video on GoPro you can also purchase on DVD or Blu-Ray and you can order online or via phone. You can also rent a GoPro camera from us.
- What Does Stardust Hawaii Provide for the Day?
Transportation, Water, Snacks, Backpacks, Ponchos, in case of rain, Insect repellent, if needed, and of course, our guide to keeping you safe.
- Will There Be a Bathroom on the Trail?
A bathroom facility in the beginning and middle of the trail. Once we’re hiking, though, we head for the bushes. If you’re uncomfortable using the bushes, please let your guide know before the hike begins so you can both decide what’s best for you.
- Trail condition?
It’s a real outdoor adventure, so the trail might be very muddy. If the trail is unsafe due to weather condition we wouldn’t cancel your adventure but redirect you to a different safe trail, most likely without an option to swim. You’ll receive a confirmation over the phone with direction via email.
- Tipping your Guide
If you’re happy with your hike, a tip is always a good way to show your appreciation.
Check in location and direction:
* Pick-up location in Lahaina: 991 Limahana Place, Lahaina, HI 96761 at the Stardust Hawaii / Segway office
From Wailea / Makena / Kihei – the South side of the island
From Lahaina /Ka’anapali /Kapalua – the West side of the island
- Head south on Highway 30 as if you’re going to Kahului Airport.
- Turn left onto Hinau (by the Pizza Hut/Taco Bell)
- Turn right and go to the end of the street while looking for street parking.
- Walk towards the main hwy and look for the right corner office (Stardust Hawaii/Segway Maui)
Heidi T. –
I was able to enjoy great activities with Stardust Hawaii. I felt they presented plenty of options that worked well around my busy schedule. All the information needed to prepare for my activities were clear and sent directly to my email along with a contact number to be called for any further questions. All my activities fit the description fully and were accompanied with fun/friendly staff. I’ve been a visitor on Maui 4 times and plan to continue to use Stardust Hawaii services in the future. ALOHA!!!
We were a mixed group – two grandparents, two adults and two children ages 7 and 10. The trail was muddy and footing a little tricky in some places, but we all made it. Can not say enough about our wonderful guide Mark. He pointed out plants and shared Maui culture. He was patient and kind with the children and taught them some skills with rocks. He helped us all across the river several times and helped the grandkids find the treasure. We had a great time and would recommend it to families with children 7-12.
Lindsay G –
Fun hike disguised as a treasure hunt! We have three boys 11,8, and 5. They all loved it, though I would say it’s best for ages 12 and under. Mark was a wonderful guide who had the kids attention the entire time.
Kendra M –
So fun for kids! And families!
Mark and his son David lead our family through a less travelled area of the West Maui Mountains. It was beautiful but also a great adventure for our boys. Our 7 year old was in his element and loved meeting the other kids in our group. And our 3.5 year old walked the entire trip and LOVED it! Most of the time we were trying to keep up with him. Snacks were awesome. The trip was well organized with little surprises throughout. The boys love the treasures at the end. And Mark is exceptional with the kids – so calm and relaxed and allowed the kids to safely explore during the hike.
Really fun family friendly activity
Mark was our guide and he was really super! He did a great job of engaging my young grandsons. The older boy, who is nearly 5, had a really great time. We also had my mother along, who is 76, and Mark did a great job of pacing the hike and assisting her over the trickier spots.
The scenery is lovely, and our guide Mark was very knowledgeable about area, the plants, the history and culture of the area. We had a great time.
The only reason I am not giving this a 5 is because I thought the treasure itself should have been a little bit better for the cost involved. If I could give it a 4.5 I would, but that is not an option.
Lonnie W –
Great fun for the Kids
It seems a little sketch to send your kids into the forest with a pirate for 4 hours, but they had a ton of fun. The groups are very small. You should make sure there is at least 1 other kid going to you don’t send your kid off by themselves.
Super fun for the whole family!!!
We spent amazing day exploring beautiful nature and seeking for the hidden treasure. Both guides were very funny, my kids loved them. The whole idea of following old map, looking for hidden symbols, completing funny tasks and at the end finding treasure chest was great. For my kids it always will be one of the most funniest day on our vacation on Maui.
Blend of nature and magic!
Oh my goodness, our 6 and 4 year old boys LOVED this! My husband and I loved it as well! We got to go on a beautiful hike and the kids were so engaged! Mark was so warm and welcoming! It was truly one of the most fun days we have had on vacation!! It’s a genius way to get kids to really enjoy nature and appreciate all the beauty of Maui! Highly recommended!!
My 8yo son went by himself. He had a great time hunting for treasure and swimming. The other kids had family with them for pictures, so the guide (Mark?) got in pictures with my son. And while waiting for me to pick him up, he played hide and seek with my son. He was one of the most kid-friendly guides ever! I highly recommend this activity.