Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure – the Best for your kids!
Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure – an ultimate adventure for your kids. One child 4 & under – FREE of charge with a paying adult. Pack the kids up, leave your worries at home, and let them join us in a true adventure while you enjoy your free time! Or come along!
- Enjoy an action-packed family tour with hiking, swimming (not guaranteed, weather permitted), and much more
- Swim in the ocean or in a natural stream, fulfill fun tasks, discover beautiful island nature and search for a hidden treasure
- Follow a designed map with the whole family in mind
About Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure
Maui is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike – an ideal destination for families wanting to play together in the outdoors. We explore this friendly country through a multitude of activities: hiking in forests, swimming in the ocean (optional), and searching for a treasure.
It is definitely the most unique and the best kids’ activity on Maui! Fun for the whole family! Make the most of your family time outdoors on our Jungle Treasure Hunt Adventure! Our tour starts in beautiful nature, in Maui green forests with the most amazing scenery. You and your children will have a fantastic time outdoors together! This is a real jungle adventure, so get ready to get wet and muddy. You will be hiking in the woods, cross the river, swimming in the ocean and fulfilling fun tasks while searching for a treasure. Your children will have a time of their lives. They will reveal the mystery of a lost treasure and will be the ones to find it. A great time for the whole family, guaranteed. No other activity like this anywhere else. Up to 3 hours of fun.
Facts and Requirements:
- Time: 8:00 am or 11:30 am
- Level: easy to medium
- Duration: up to 3 hrs
- Length of Hike: 2 miles
- Included: Backpack, snack (granola bar, chips, juice) and bottled water during Treasure Hunt Hike
- Not Included: Transportation and Gratuity for your guide
- Meet your guide: Kahului, Park n’ ride Kahului Park n’ Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului. Meet your guide and let him lead you to Maui paradise.
- Restriction & Requirement: Our treasure hunt hiking adventure is meant for children 5 years and older. But we welcome children of all ages. Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult and adults must assist the child during the hike. Our guide is not going to watch your little one. He is too busy keeping our older Keiki safe and busy while looking for a treasure. This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit. All participants must be able to squat down and up without any assistance from another person. We are going rain or shine, no cancellation possible due to weather conditions. All participants must be able to walk without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. If you have a problem walk on the stairs, this activity is not suitable for you. If you had surgery shortly before the journey, you may set yourself into high risk and you may also hinder the rest of the group.
Additional Information about Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure:
Shoes to Wear on our Tours?
Running shoes, water shoes or sports sandals. Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
Clothing for our Tours?
Shorts and short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts are the best. If mosquitoes really bother you (your guide carries repellent), you could wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Also, you’ll want to wear your swimsuit so you can swim in the waterfall pools (optional).
Additional Items to Bring for the Day?
Towel: Swimming is optional, Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour, Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture. You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along. Therefore we can take photos during the tour you can purchase on CD or USB, or video on GoPro you can also purchase on DVD or Blu-Ray and you can order online or via phone. You can also rent a GoPro camera from us.
What Does Stardust Hawaii Provide for the Day?
Water, Snacks, Backpacks, Ponchos, in case of rain, Insect repellent, if needed, And, of course, our guide to keeping you safe.
Will There Be a Bathroom on the Trail?
No public restroom is available. For that said, once we’re hiking, though, we head for the bushes, but if you’re uncomfortable using the bushes, please let your guide know before the hike begins so you can both decide what’s best for you.
It’s a real outdoor adventure, so the trail might be very muddy. If the trail is unsafe due to weather condition we wouldn’t cancel your adventure but redirect you to a different safe trail, most likely without an option to swim. You’ll receive a confirmation over the phone with direction via email.
Tipping your Guide?
If you’re happy with your hike, a nice tip is always a good way to show your appreciation.
Meeting Location and Driving Direction:
Kahului, Park n’ ride Kahului Park n’ ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului. Meet your guide and let him lead you to Maui paradise. Exact coordinates: 20 degrees, 52 minutes, 30 seconds north, 156 degrees, 27 minutes, 43 seconds west
From Wailea / Makena / Kihei – the Southside of the island
Highway 31 (Pi’ilani Highway) – head north.
Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311.
After 10 minutes, look for big church (King’s Cathedral), then move into the left lane.
Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy).
Go 200 yards and turn right into “Park n’ Ride” commuter lot.
Park your car against a concrete block wall and meet your guide.
From Lahaina /Ka’anapali /Kapalua – the West side of the island
Head south on Highway 30 as if you’re going to Kahului Airport.
Turn right onto Hwy 380.
Five miles down 380 there’s a concrete block wall on left.
Turn left across the highway into Park n’ Ride commuter lot against that wall, park your car and meet your guide.